SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By RMurphy195
I've just purchased and installed the TinyAVR Programmer, following the instructions on this page https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ti ... okup-guide - or, rather, trying to!

First of all it did fail the automatic windows update, so I downloaded the drivers, opened up the device manager - and couldn't find the LibUSB-Win32 Devices tree or the USBTinyProgrammer with a yellow warning triangle hovering over the icon. But I did find under "other devices" a FabISP with the warning triangle - unplugging and plugging in the TinyAVR programmer while watching the device manager window confirmed that this was the device.

Successfully installed the drivers (downloaded using the boxed link in Step 3), and the Device Manager window changed to show the LibUSB-Win32 Devices tree and the device, called "USBTiny".

Hopefully this will help anyone else that gets a tad confused (or maybe others know their systems a bit better than me!).

PC is an Asus laptop, with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service pack 1.

The blink example works, so now for the real fun!
By tucson100
Thanks!
I also had the FabISP in the device manager and I never got a failed driver installation message or passed for that matter.
I also tried this on a different machine but had the same result. So as you suggested I installed the driver by running the USBtiny.inf
and now everything is as it should be in the device manager.
Thanks for your help!
Both Machines are windows 10 64-bit