SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By myggle
This is my first post to this forum. I purchased 4 TB6612FNG Dual motor drivers with intent to drive 12 volt peristaltic dosing pumps, but when I began testing, I realized that I don't know how to make 8 instances of the motors to be driven. I'd be able to figure it out if it was just in the code, but as there is a library involved, I can't seem to find any info on the web how to name other instances of motors effectively.

I also wish to point out that the motors that will be driven will never turn in reverse, and quite possibly I may decide to not use PWM at all. That said, I have the following questions;

1) Can the Dual driver chip function for my application without a library? I figure if I can get the Arduino to supply 5 volts from a pin and a PWM value from a PWM pin, the chip would function properly.

2) If the application does not warrant the use of PWM signals, can I just pull the respective jumpers and salvage the PWM pins on the Arduino and simply supply HIGH or LOW signals with digitalWrite(motor1, HIGH);?

Any insights will be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year everyone!