SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By dngsparkfun
Hello,

I recently purchased a pair of SparkFun 32x32 RGB LED (HUB75) panels through RobotShop.com. The pair worked fine, so a week later I ordered a second pair. The second pair went on back-order, but eventually shipped and I just tried them today.

When driven white, the second pair work fine, but they are considerably warmer and dimmer, which is to say the first pair I got are much more blue and brighter.

I am trying to use the four panels in a 2x2 array, for a 64x64 pixel display, so the color difference between one half and the other is not very nice, as you might imagine.

Is it normal to see substantial color differences among batches of these panels?

Should I try to get RobotShop.com to do an exchange with one pair of the panels?
I would assume I would be better sending back the two older panels, as any new replacements would probably come from a newer batch...though I'm not sure how to deal with them on this, so a SparkFun forum thread might be good evidence in my proposal to them.

I hope to hear back from a SparkFun rep, but I would be grateful for any comment or advice from anyone on this forum.

David