SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By Fungineer
Hi there.

I am trying to use Advancer Technologies' Myoware sensor to get real EMG (Electromyography) values for my IoT project by using Intel Galileo Gen 2 microcontroller (which is fully compatible with Arduino and works on similar configuration and parameters).

I recently tested my new Myoware muscle sensor on my muscles but was unable to get any useful reading. It seems to be very sensitive and prone to noise. It gives a significant noise value at rest on Serial Monitor.

After watching a number of videos and reading blogs I got the impression that it can only be used to send only an ON or Off signal to be used as switch to operate different devices. However, my goal is to get something more meaningful in terms of real EMG.
I am just trying to figure out how can I use it to get real EMG values in millivolts?
Is it possible or not or I can only try it for muscle active and non active status (which I have thought of it so far)?
Moreover, I also tried to use Cooking Hacks "e.health platform library" for getting EMG output in mV but it was also giving me the same values which I got on serial monitor via analog out.

Any useful idea, experience or suggestion would be highly appreciated.