SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By mjcduke
Hi, I am trying to update my Arduino from 1.06 where all of my tools worked, to Arduino 1.6.10. When I try to compile a demo project using the Adafruit NeoPixel library I get the following error - full error list at bottom of this post:

Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' contains deprecated tools.avrdude.cmd.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.cmd.path={path}/bin/avrdude. Consider upgrading this core.

How do I update this core?

I have used the board manager to remove the Sparkfun boards and reinstalled it with no change.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Full Error
arning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' contains deprecated tools.avrdude.cmd.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.cmd.path={path}/bin/avrdude. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' contains deprecated tools.avrdude.config.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.config.path={path}/etc/avrdude.conf. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.
/Users/Gizmo15/Google Drive/Arduino/EMDR Light Bar/EMDR_60_LEDs/EMDR_60_LEDs.ino:1:31: fatal error: Adafruit_NeoPixel.h: No such file or directory
#include <Adafruit_NeoPixel.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board SparkFun Pro Micro 5V/16MHz.