SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By rde56
Hello,
I just bought a Digital Sandbox kit. I already have the Inventors Kit and have worked through all the examples there. I set up the Sandbox and downloaded the add on with the examples and ArduBlock. I then dove in and set up the first example Blink. Unfortunately, I get a ton of error messages. Do I need to install different drivers (FTDI drivers) again? Just last week I did so w/ the Inventor's kit. When I look for boards (In the IDE) I see the Sandbox listed and Com4 shows up as expected. So I assumed all was good. Unfortunately, a bunch of errors when I verify the sketch and of course yet more errors when I try to upload and run it.

I'll spare you the lengthy error messages and just show the initial one at verify:
Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' contains deprecated compiler.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/, automatically converted to compiler.path={runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}/bin/. Consider upgrading this core. - it then lists 3 more similar error messages
And now the lead of the upload errors:
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "{path}/bin/avrdude": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048) - it then lists about 25 more similar java exceptions
I'm guessing I'm missing an obvious step... any suggestions? Do I need to do a separate set of FTDI drivers for the Sandbox board?
Thanks - Robert
By rde56
Sadly yours is the first response I've gotten to this. I can't say I've tried again, but this serves as a reminder so maybe I'll get lucky and see the error of my ways . If so I'll be sure to post that back to here.