SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By scampa
I'm having an issue with XBEE on the Arduino Pro board from Sparkfun. I'm trying to rule everything out, so hopefully someone can help...

I have it wired up Rx->Tx and power and ground. I can tell that my XBee is associated via a breakout board, however I cannot seem to get any data on the screen if I open the Arduino Serial monitor...

I was wondering if this has something to do with the FTDI board (sparkfun board) I'm using to connect the ArdPro to my computer?

Whenever I do:

if(Serial.available() > 0){

}

I never get inside the loop...

I've connected the XBee module directly to my computer (using Sparkfun board) and used XCTU and can see the info coming in, so the XBees are configured correctly...

I assume it is either the breakout board for the XBee (I tried 2 of these) or the Ard Pro having an issue...

Of course there is always operator error...but that is why I am here!!

Thanks!!
By scampa
I even tried hooking up one XBEE via XCTU (wired) and send packets to the XBEE connected to the Arduino Pro (connected to computer also)...I can tell the XBEE connected to the Arduino Pro is associated (via LED on the Adafruit breakout board) but I never see the data being written to the Arduino Serial monitor....

Somehow I think this has to mean there is a breakdown between the XBEE, breakout and the Arduino Pro..but I'm not sure how to rule each part out. I've tried 2 different breakout boards, and they show when the XBEE is receiving data...which leads me to believe it is either the connection (wires) to the Arduino Pro...or the Arduino Pro itself...
By scampa
I just hooked the XBEE up to a different Arduino (Uno) and ran the same sketch and am seeing output...

I keep wondering if the Arduino Pro internal rest mechanism has something to do here...I've rewired/soldered my TX and RX but still no difference...
By scampa
I'm wondering if for the Arduino Pro, do I need to connect any of the following pins from the XBEE:

DTR
CTS
RTS

Anyone know?