SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By joewijoyo
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forums, but I just purchased a FLIR Lepton and followed this here to set it up with a Raspberry Pi
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/fl ... okup-guide
I have done most of the steps right, but now whenever I do
sudo ./raspberrypi_video
it's just a blank black screen with a small red box at the upper left corner. Does somebody know why?

By having done most of the steps right, I mean that after downloading the zip file, and then changing directories to raspberrypi_video, I immediately did qmake && make instead of doing this first as supposed to in the website:
cd LeptonSDKEmb32PUB
make
cd ..

I did so because the LeptonSDKEmb32PUB folder is not there to being with and the readme file doesn't tell to do anything like that anyways.

Has anyone encountered similar issues?
By CAVU
Joewijoyo
There are a number of differences between Sparkfun instructions and Pure Engineering instructions that I needed to sort out.
since it isn't working as well as the Sparkfun demo, I may still be doing a number of things wrong.
Here is what I have so far........
-to get to "raspberry_video" you first have to go to /LeptonModule-master/software, Sparkfun indicated going to "raspberry_video" directly while the Pure Engineering instructions indicate one should first go to "software"
-Not that important but what was important, is I never found the file Sparkfun references within the download software from Pure Engineering, “LeptonSDKEmb32PUB" and the Pure Engineering instructions never reference this file. It did work without it.
-I then noticed the file "LeptonSDKEmb32PUB" on Sprkfun's site and downloaded it and assumed it should be unzipped to "raspberry_video". After doing this it didn't seem to make any difference. (is it possible that the file is no longer needed and the Sparkfun site isn't updated?)
-Still very glitchy software: not able to resize, get a vertical line after awhile, the ffp freezes up, freezes up after a few hours, etc. etc.
Hopefully, Sparkfun guys read this and have some additional suggestions.
they're a great company.
By climberhunt
I found a solution to my "red box" problem. I moved the CS from CS1 to CS0 on the Pi, and it's working now.
So maybe the github code has been changed to use that pin by default, and the hookup guide is out of date?
Anyway, it's working for me now, let the fun start!
Regards,
Dave.