SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By psteiner
Hello, I am using a windows 7 HP Elite 7100 MT and a Pro Micro Board. When I plug it in using a monoprice PID: 5137 (http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/product ... id=1030307)
This is what I see:

So, my problem is that it absolutely refuses to show up at all; anywhere.

Not in the device manager, my taskbar, or my devices and printers section. We litarly scoured the device manager looking for anything.

Does anyone know what is happening?
By bappenlabapp
Hi,

picked up a pro micro sitting in a drawer - unfortunately there is trouble installing the driver. I downloaded the latest from github, and it doesn´t work. I even tried manually editing the inf.

Strangely though, the device pops up as other devices > Arduino Leonardo - but windows (7 64bit pro) can´t install the correct driver or start the device.

There is no vacant usb input device missing a driver.

Can anybody give me a hint?

Cheers

Thomas
By bappenlabapp
Hey there,

I found a solution.

The driver installation routine always says the driver ProMicro.inf would not be compatible, UNLESS you go through install drivers > Search on the computer > choose from a list > all devices > drive. Then it worked, at least for me.

CHeers Thomas
By bappenlabapp
A year later, new windows installation, tearing my hair out, arduino driver not installing... Why does sparkfun make it so hard to find the f*** drivers? Why yis there not a download button right on the product page? harrrrrrrr