SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By Tobi2707
Hey everyone,
i want to use two IMU's on my Raspberry Pi. Therefor I used the "Adafruit Flora LSM9DSO" breakout, but then i realized that i can only use one sensor.
So I got the advice to buy the LSM9DSO Breakout from Sparkfun, because here i can change the address of the board. But now my question is, how can I do this?
The both Pins SDOXM und SDOG are both connected to vcc ( on the adafruit breakout same). So do i have to cut the conncection to vcc and connect these pins with gnd?

I hope you could help me...
Tobi
By Tobi2707
Yes I read this guide but still not understand it. There is said the last bits of the address can be change with these those pins. Therefore they have to be either pulled high or pulled low, but i do not understand the meaning of that. Is this pulling a issue of software configuration or is this a electrical configuration on the board. (Sorry but I've never worked with I2C and so on before..) I think it means connecting the pin to vcc for high and to gnd for low, is this right? I'm not sure.
So it would be really nice if you could help me.
By darrellg
The address pins are pulled up through 10k resistors. You could just tie them to ground and be done with it. If you want to save the little bit of power that would be wasted as heat caused by the current through the 10k pullup resistor, you can cut the jumper as described in the guide and tie the pins to ground. Just don't leave them floating.
Last edited by darrellg on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ross Robotics
Tobi2707 wrote:Therefore they have to be either pulled high or pulled low, but i do not understand the meaning of that.
Google.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-up_resistor