SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By gabcc1
I´m trying to reproduce music with the mp3 card wig 11125 but is not posible, I really don´t know if my connections are ok on the board somebody can help with this please, I really appreciate it, I need to finish my Project today
By skimask
So...let me get this straight.
You're trying to get this board, to play MP3 files, from the uSD card.
Is that right?
By gabcc1
Hello, thanks, yes I converted the mp3 file into the 4 bit format with the audio converter utility also renamed the files as 0000, 0001, 0003, and the save the files in the sd card, the I tried to play music but nothing happens, I make the connection as follow in vcc pin (3.3V), in GND (-), in spk + and spk- I connected the speaker, and at the end I try to play in the pin play sending 3.3V(+) also I tried with (-) but never heard nothing in the speaker I really don´t no if I need something else or the connections are wrong, I really appreciate your help.
thanks in advance.
By DanV
The datasheet:
http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Widgets/WTV020SD.pdf
says that the files are to be named 0000.ad4 or 0000.wav - so did you use the .ad4 or .wav extension on the filenames? (of course 0001.ad4 (or .wav), 0002.ad4 ... on successive files).

Also, page 19 shows an MP3 player hookup diagram - play / pause button connects GND to P07.
Also, you can only use a tiny speaker directly on the unit (8 ohm, 0.5 watt)