SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By MarkS
codlink wrote:Everything found on the internet is the truth! Everyone knows that.
Of course. How could I forget. Well, screw that then! How dare Sparkfun try to sell me a dangerous and illegal product?! :naughty:
By Dave Mueller
At one point in my college physics class, we were studying electromagnetic radiation. Part of the class demonstration used 10 GHz Gunnplexers for showing polarization etc. They were small units, probably a few mW with a short horn attached. After class, we were invited to check out the equipment. Looking directly into the horn, on the back of the waveguide interior, was a label that said "Warning: Do not look directly into waveguide".
By jremington
Hmmm, that is vaguely like the warning I sometimes see on the airline safety card in the seat pocket: "If you are seated in an exit row, and cannot read these instructions..."
By MarkS
The sad thing is that, even if he is correct and this product is both dangerous and illegal, he has lost all credibility.
By Thalass
To be fair, I bought what I thought was a 1mW laser from another website, and it was confiscated by Australian customs because it was actually 1.1mw or something ridiculous like that - and I was put on some kind of black list. All because of those morons that point lasers at aircraft.

That said: I doubt people buying things from Sparkfun are that kind of idiot :P