SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By newguy33
Just opened my mp3 trigger yesterday. I loaded two mp3 files onto a microSD card formatted to FAT32. Using the toggle switch the files would play fine at first. I had issues getting the triggers to work so I went through all of the troubleshooting procedures on the robertsonics website. Everything seemed to be working fine by jumpering the individual triggers. I reinstalled the board back into my project I was needing it for and the songs would trigger but after about 10s of audio the sound would get distorted and then the board would hang up and the status light would never go off. After recycling power the status light would not give the three blinks. Reseating the MicroSD with power off would get the three blink status back, but it will now no longer put out any sound at all. I have tried reformatting the MicroSD, it is a generic Toshiba 8GB MicroSD. I also loaded the 2.54 firmware before doing all of this. Any help anyone can provide would be great. Thanks in advance and happy holidays to you all.

*As of now it will power up and initialize the SD and recognize the mp3 tracks, but you are not able to trigger any sounds at all. After a recycle of power the status light will have no activity after the initial flash. If I let the board sit with no power for a few minutes and turn it back on the status light will blink 3 times so it seems good then not trigger any audio.
By robertsonics
If these are the symptoms when the board is completely disconnected from your project, with nothing attached or soldered to it other than power and audio out, then it sounds like you have a defective unit. If it's still wired up to your project, however, I'd suggest disconnecting it and see if it works correctly by itself. If you conclude that it's not working properly on its own, then you should contact SparkFun tech support for repair or replacement.