SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By wellyntong
I posted this question in the Arduino forum with no luck. All I need to know is: Can the SparkFun CC3000 WiFi shield be used as a web server?..... If so, why there is not a sample in the library?... Most importantly, can I get some technical help to turn OFF and ON LEDs connected to my Arduino Uno, from my Iphone, using the SF WiFi shield?....... The sample sketches in the SFE_CC3000 library do not include a web server sketch. A member named "codlink" (who I assume to be from the SparkFun team) ended up telling me to "contact the Sparkfun technical support", and asking me why was I trying the WiFiWebServer sample sketch in the Arduino IDE (althought he himself said there is no sample in the SFE_CC3000 library, so I did not understand the question). I have attached pictures of my Arduino Uno, and the WiFi shield.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Ross Robotics
The members here that help on a daily basis are NOT employed by Sparkfun. We just volunteer our time and expertise. The members that have red names are Sparkfun employees and they very rarely visit this forum.

The question I asked was, why are you using a sketch from another library when you were asking about Sparkfun's library.

I'm assuming that Sparkfun didn't include an example sketch in the library because it doesn't have that feature. But, I am not 100% on that because I don't have experience with it. I also advised you to contact tech support to get your question answered.
By Ramirez
Hi,

I'm having the same problem, I want to use the Sparkfun CC3000 shield as a SERVER which will accept incoming connections from PCs on a local network, and will send them information (from a light sensor connected to the Arduino) via WiFi.

Any conclusions so far? Does the CC3000 even support this feature? and if it does, can anyone upload an example code to such server?

Almost a year passed since the original post...

Thanks in advance!
By alijahangir
Hi,

I'm having the same problem, I want to use the Sparkfun CC3000 shield as a SERVER which will accept incoming connections from PCs on a local network, and will send them information (from a light sensor connected to the Arduino) via WiFi.

Any conclusions so far? Does the CC3000 even support this feature? and if it does, can anyone upload an example code to such server?