SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By kielerrr
@phalanx No but I will try this tonight.. Thank you for the direct link..

@sparkfun I appreciate access to the wide variety of components, but pleasseeeee hire somebody to keep your docs/links updated.. Your customers have enough variables to deal with in their projects already.. A tiny amount of diligence in doc/link maintenance will return to you 10x fold..
By Ross Robotics
While I agree with kielerrr's comment for Sparkfun to keep their docs updated, I think this should have been done in private. Sounds like the OP didn't even contact SF's tech support which I know they are some of the best.

But, I too have been on product pages that the docs were 404. This is very frustrating to say the least. It seems that there are only a few (at most) SF employees that can edit site pages and they are backed up for weeks. Since the site is your main source of income (AFAIK), it would be beneficial to update the site more frequently. Even go as far as having someone browse over all the pages and click every link.
By Brennen@SparkFun
We do have a bit of a problem with linkrot at this point. Years ago, I had a linkchecker script cron'd to run over product pages daily and report 404s. It seems like probably that'd be worth doing again in the near term.

Longer-term, we have plans to break resources like datasheets out into their own table and model them more rigorously. That will probably lend itself to making sure they don't mysteriously vanish.