SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By mikehoover
I am just discovering the Raspberry Pi and am wondering if it can run a Windows .exe file. I think the file was written in Visual Basic but cannot confirm it. It is a 152 KB .exe program file used to for configuring.
By skimask
mikehoover wrote:I am just discovering the Raspberry Pi and am wondering if it can run a Windows .exe file. I think the file was written in Visual Basic but cannot confirm it. It is a 152 KB .exe program file used to for configuring.
:o :snooty: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By mikehoover
skimask wrote:
mikehoover wrote:I am just discovering the Raspberry Pi and am wondering if it can run a Windows .exe file. I think the file was written in Visual Basic but cannot confirm it. It is a 152 KB .exe program file used to for configuring.
:o :snooty: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A simple YES or NO would have been more productive.
By Ross Robotics
It's common sense. Does a RasPi run Windows?
By Brennen@SparkFun
Hey everybody. I know it's standard technical forum culture to let people have it with both barrels for asking simple questions, and I know that as SparkFun employees we've been fairly hands off on the forum in particular, but lately I've been thinking that maybe we should start discouraging overt hostility around here more than we have been.

ANYWAY, mikehoover, I think as others have indicated the answer is basically "no", although if you had source code and it was a VB.NET application you might be able to build it for Mono.