SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By snrubmit
Hello All,

I just purchased a Robertsonics Wave Trigger. It's working pretty well, but I've been running into some trouble getting the board to recognize some sound files.

I've made sure the files have the same bit rate and converted them to .Wav with Audacity, (16 bit). The files provided from the tutorial work fine and I've gotten a few of my own to work but there is no consistent reason that I can see why some aren't recognized. The only thing I can think of is that maybe there is a limit on the individual file size? I've made sure to label them appropriately with a three digit prefix.

Well, I'm stumped. Any ideas out there?

Thanks for reading,
tim
By TS-John
Greetings,

Hmm. I am not entirely sure what the issue is. File sizes is certainly a good assumption. Have you tried contacting Robertsonics? He frequently replies in the comments for the WAV trigger and I am sure he can provide much assistance.

Here is his E-mail: Info@robertsonics.com

Maybe you can bring him to the forums or post a solution you come up with privately.

Good luck.
-John-
By snrubmit
Hi John,

Thanks, I'll try emailing him directly. I'll make sure I post what I find out. In the meantime, I'll experiment with trying different file sizes.

Thanks for your help!

tim
By snrubmit
Well, I figured it out. The files I was using had a data tag on them, with info about the song, artist, etc... I only had to clear this on the export from Audacity to make it work. It seems there's no real file size limit per track, other than the storage of the SD card. Hopefully this will help if anyone else runs into this issue.

tim
By TS-John
Awesome. Good to know.

Thanks for looking into this and sharing your information.

Good luck!
-John-