SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By raemounz
I recently bought the inventor's kit v3.1. I followed all instructions for my macbook white (Mavericks OS). I saw the serial "/dev/tty.usbserial-A702MV0J" from Tools>Serial Port. I also selected "Arduino Uno" from Tools>Board.

On first connecting the board to USB, I saw pin 13 led blinking. So I thought everything is working. Then I tried to do Circuit#1 and upload sample sketch Circuit#1. The board behaves the same. But when I tried to change the delay to 100ms and upload, nothing happens, it's still blinking at rate of 1s. When I checked the message I got this error:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I tried looking at the internet why, then I saw one post that I need to click on reset button just before the upload finishes. I did it and it works. I can now upload the sketch. However, do I really need to do this (making sure I got the right timing when I click on the reset button just before upload completes?!?!)

Please advise.
By tideshark
I had the same problem.

SparkFun Inventor's Kit v3.1 with Redboard
OS X Mavericks 10.9.1
Arduino IDE 1.0.5

Manually installing the drivers resolved the issue for me. The instructions can be found here:
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ho ... rivers/mac

The tutorial suggests that if you can see "tty.usbserial" under "Serial Port", then you do not need to install any additional drivers, but this no longer seems to be the case.