SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By pigepixe
I have a question that isn't as technical as what is typically posted here, but I was wondering if SparkFun sells anything that would be useful (i.e. cool) for my son who is using Unity. He wants Unity Pro for Christmas which is way out of the budget. He is 13, but has been programming for a few years (python, C++, C#, Java (incl arduino), and maybe a couple more). He wants to develop an app (using unity) for use on the wii/xbox, but would be happy to program to any end. I'm basically here looking for gift ideas, but I'm not a programmer and can't even begin to guess what might be helpful or useful. Thanks for any suggestions.

(I am planning on buying the arduino mega as a present...either as part of a pre-packaged kit or part of a kit I piece together myself. I'm also considering RPi)
By SFE-Toni
Sorry for the delayed response - hopefully you have already found something for him!

For anyone else wondering, RPi or BeagleBone Black are great options for development, as is the pcDuino. There's a lot of ways to interface over a network, so these might be good options for working with Unity (from what little I just gathered looking at it).
By pigepixe
Thanks so much!