SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By unexpectedly
Hi, regarding the thermal printer, would you please reply with what the 2 and 3 pin sockets for those wires are called? And do you sell them (please link to it) and if not, would you please share the Mouser link or something to it? My OCD hates that I don't have these. And I've bought like $30 of different random similar looking connectors never to get the correct one...

Thanks!
Chris
By unexpectedly
Not the 8613. Got `em :D These are bigger. Lots bigger. I bet the 9750 ones... Hmmm. I'll send them an email. Thanks!
By unexpectedly
Got a reply from SF tech support:
Hi Chris,

It's good that you asked. After some fiddling around in stock (and on the Digikey website) it looks like those connectors are male from the JST XH series. We carry PH and SH- but no XH, sad to say. The thermal printer might be the only XH-having item in stock. They're very close to the much more common PH, but a little bulkier and with a 2.5mm pin spacing.

Several places carry them http://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partg ... eries/8411 although the two pin female seems to be more common than the three pin and I you need both.

Sorry I can't help more.

Technical Support
SparkFun Electronics
Yaaay, that helps bunches! :D