SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By naughtiusmaximus
Wow; very helpful. Did you LOOK at the hose I selected?

The only hoses I found at the "clown" stores are too thick, stiff, or could collapse if bent. Also, the two closest hoses at Home Depot were more than $3/ft.

I'll post a follow-up when I get my Hosecraft hose.
By chartle
naughtiusmaximus wrote:Wow; very helpful. Did you LOOK at the hose I selected?

The only hoses I found at the "clown" stores are too thick, stiff, or could collapse if bent. Also, the two closest hoses at Home Depot were more than $3/ft.

I'll post a follow-up when I get my Hosecraft hose.
Ok I guess you already ordered but maybe drainage hose for sump pumps. Different section.

Or hose from an old bonnet hair drier.
By naughtiusmaximus
I received my Hosecraft hose and it's perfect! It's less than 1-1/2" O.D. so it will be easy to run through walls.

I bought sump pump hose from Home Depot, but it was too big (1-1/2" I.D.)

Now, I need a way to securely attach the hose to the blower. They have cool offset clamps that allow for the wire in the hose, but the blower has a ridge around a tapered outlet, so I don't think clamps are an option. A cable tie might work. I think Gorilla Glue is the way to go. It expands, and would fill in any gaps between the hose and the ridge and outlet on the blower. One of the blowers I purchased was damaged in shipment. The nice folks at SparkFun are replacing it, and do not want the broken one back, so I have a blower case to experiment on.

Here's a pic of a test section of hose temporarily "screwed" onto the blower:
http://www.gnireenigne.net/DSC01896_1k.JPG
... and the prototyping setup I'm using for development:
http://www.gnireenigne.net/DSC01903_1k.JPG

Now to test the CFM loss down a long section of hose.

My project is Equipment Heat Management. I have an entertainment center, a server cabinet and an equipment closet full of "heaters" that I want to vent to the outside during the Summer. I'm using Arduino Unos and v2 motor shields, DHT22 & DHT11 indoor/outdoor temp/humidity sensors and Adafruit 1.8" TFT Shields with Joystick for status and control.
By unexpectedly
NICE!! That's a really cool project! BTW, what did you do for the font size? Is that just size(3)? And that is my favorite-est user interface shield ever.