SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By dbacks
Hello,

I purchased a HackHD a couple of months ago, and I want to use the video out on the camera. I know the camera outputs video in composite format, but I'm having difficulty learning what type of cable I need to get to connect the camera to devices that have composite video inputs, because all searches composite video cables just turn up results for standard cables, which I obviously can't connect to the terminals on the HackHD.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.
By Ross Robotics
Seems like you have to cable a regular cable and strip it down. Unless you can find a "DIY" cable.
By peterpan84
Just get a decent quality cable like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-Video-2 ... 1e797331fb and cut off the end and make the 2 wires bare with some scissors. Connect the ground wire to pin 5 or 9 and the positive to pin 6. You probably don't have to buy one of these as you should have one lying around the house unused. Just try to find a decent one since if the wire is too thin it might not transmit the signal correctly
By williamrdg
After connecting the ground (pin 5 or 9) and the Video out (pin 6) do i have to power up the camera or it do it by it self. I mean connecting 3.7V(Pin 2)
By peterpan84
Yes the camera needs power for the video out to work. You can however record onto the SD card and view the video out signal at the same time, great if you want to record for months on a DVR at the same time as recording a couple days of the same HD footage on an SD card using continuous recording mode, that's what I do for my security cam setup.