SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By AJITnayak
Dear all,

i recently purchased https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10020 this board from sparfun.

Can someone tell me where i can get example programs for stellaris board.Is it any IDE which work similar to Arduino IDE.

example program i am looking for:
1> analog read
2) parse GPS code
3) writing and reading RTC time and date
4)printing commands over LCD
5)generating PWM signal of desired frequency.
6)
By WethaGuy
MSP430 Launchpad is NOT the Stellaris Launchpad. MSP430 and Stellaris are very different boards using very different technologies.

However, you can use Energia, an IDE based on Arduino, for both boards. Many Arduino sketches work with only minor changes. Not everything in Arduino has been adapted to Energia though.

43oh.com and stellarisiti.com may be helpful to you also.
By AJITnayak
Dear sir,

Please let me know where i can get more example programs on MSP-EXP430G2 launch pad programs.

WethaGuy wrote:MSP430 Launchpad is NOT the Stellaris Launchpad. MSP430 and Stellaris are very different boards using very different technologies.

However, you can use Energia, an IDE based on Arduino, for both boards. Many Arduino sketches work with only minor changes. Not everything in Arduino has been adapted to Energia though.

By AJITnayak
Thanks for the IDE . i downloaded IDE . i tried simple blink programs it worked . But other programs are designed for Arduino board . Can you able to give simple example program that i can try over MSP430 kits through this IDE.How can i know about which port i need to used in MSP430 kits. In arduino board it straight forward to use arduino pins .

WethaGuy wrote:MSP430 Launchpad is NOT the Stellaris Launchpad. MSP430 and Stellaris are very different boards using very different technologies.

By WethaGuy
Since Energia is based on the Arduino IDE, some sketches designed for the Arduino will work with Energia on the MSP430 without modification. The more simple the program, the more likley it will "just work" with the MSP430. Others will require that you make, usually minor, changes to the code to make it work.

Look at the Energia IDE and on the link I provided for many simple example programs.
By AJITnayak
Dear sir,

I have uploaded below code for RTc program.It works properly for some extent. But i found abnormality in output. Can some one help me to resolve this issue.

Else let me know where i can get DS1307 based code fpr MSP

WethaGuy wrote:Since Energia is based on the Arduino IDE, some sketches designed for the Arduino will work with Energia on the MSP430 without modification. The more simple the program, the more likley it will "just work" with the MSP430. Others will require that you make, usually minor, changes to the code to make it work.

Look at the Energia IDE and on the link I provided for many simple example programs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By ds18s20
you will have to go to TI examples sites, just google it

there is s whole ecosystem based on msp430 and the stellaris, much smaller than arduino of course

do note that the latter is an ARM part totally different from msp430