SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By jremington
MobotSim accurately models robots with a round chassis and differential (two wheel) drive/steering. Your robot uses Ackermann steering, so the actual mechanism used to change travel directions is different. Both robot types use the same sensors and could use the same logic to avoid an obstacle.

The point is that obstacle avoidance, at least if you want a smooth and "intelligent" response, is not trivial. The general principles can be worked out by simulations and you would learn a lot in the process.
By Mee_n_Mac
The description on the site says it's a (Visual) Basic like programing language.

-Development of simulation through quick and easy BASIC macro writing. Fully Visual Basic for Applications – compatible.
-Easy integration of third parties ActiveX controls and dll files. You can add specific tools to the BASIC editor developed to make use of Fuzzy Logic, Genetic Algorithms, Neural Networks, etc.

If you can program an Arduino you can program this. Might be worth a look even if it doesn't simulate your bot fully. Simulating your sensors on another bot might give you insights into how to get around obstacles. You'd then translate the general concepts learned into specific programming for your type bot.
By sora62896
So today I did some testing at school in our hallways, and it successfully avoided all of the random desks, garbage cans, and various people throughout the halls. My only drawback is that the front sensor only stores data. It doesn't tell the car to do anything, so when an obstacle is only detected by the front sensor, it juts runs into the object. I'm thinking of ways to improve that. I'm also planning on taking videos of the car in an obstacle course and posting them on youTube if I can. But right now I'm gonna take a shot at the GPS!