I've got some batteries as low as 600mA/h, they're typically for smaller AEG's, or AEP (Airsoft Electric Pistols).
The new battery I just received is 11.1v 2400mA/h, and rated at "30C", which (supposedly) means it is capable of discharging at thirty times the capacity rating of the battery (30*2400mA/H = 72 amps). I take these ratings with a grain of salt, though.
My experience with new batteries is typically to plan 2 shots per 1-4 milliamps. As the battery ages, this number goes down. As the spring co-efficient increases, this number goes down. It sounds like an insane amount until you realize that many people carry around 300 round mags. On any game lasting less than a day, I tend to carry around two fully charged batteries.
If you're doing it right, you'll come home with a fair amount of charge left. But when things go wrong, you're dumping amps as fast as you can
If I come across an old spring, I'd be happy to send it to you. If it's not labeled, it's difficult for me to use it, and I just don't have time to rig up a testing rig. They're pretty stiff springs. To be honest, when I first heard about AEG's from my friend, I told him he was full of it, and the engineering issues would destroy the mechbox in short order. It's pretty decent tech, when done right.
dkulinski, I need to play with your software a little. I'm freezing my computer (7gigs of RAM should handle this!) when I do a ten second burst. I can't seem to get good output with the Arduino serial monitor.
The good news: The day I had to stop, because the AEG sound was making my puppy nuts, I didn't get to try the last software revision for burst fire. It works 80% of the time, firing a three round burst. Sometimes it throws one more cycle. I need to play with my sensing limits, I think. If I get that tuned, just right, it'll catch the burst every time.
In that vein, I realized that I can have a "double check" on the firing cycle, once the chrony is implemented. If three rounds are "seen" by the barrel, before the gearbox is done cycling, I can stop the motor MOSFET. I need to examine it closely, but I think the timings work out.
I'm going to futz with the code a little bit, but I need to knock off soon and exhaust the dogs.