SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By angelsix
Ok so analog switches no problem, 5p. Go to quad analog switches, 30p, I need 7 channels so the next logical chip should be an 8 channel... problem. I've searched the internet high and low, RS, Farnell, DigiKey, Future, Rapid etc... and I cannot find any analog switches above 4 channels that are individually controllable and all have individual ins and outs, not a common out.

All but two: ADG714, MAX335. Both of these are Octal Analog Switches, serially controlled. That is effectively ideal, although if price was cheaper I could have it as basically 8 analog switches all with in, out, enable, just shoved into a single IC... but I cannot find a single one anywhere.

The two options above are out because for one the price has gone from 30p to over 10x that, when I could just buy 2 quad switches for 60p, but I want to save on the components to solder. The second reason is they need to be able to run as low as about 2.2V (2.3V would be acceptable).

Am I missing something here, as surely they do ICs with many more switches than 4?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]