SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By Chagrin
It looks like a typical 3.7V LIPO. Any of Sparkfun's 3.7V LiPo chargers would work (I think they're all 3.7V, actually).
By sasaji123
Sacman wrote:If you are looking for cheap Li-Po batteries, I would suggest

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-st ... ERY/1.html

I have one of these and the 900mAh one they sell. However, the smaller one is only a 2 wire connector which I think means that it does not have the charge control circuitry that you find on most of them.

Wade
Isnt that a lithium ion battery? Will the lipo chargers here charge lithium ion?
By Liencouer
Sacman wrote: [... ] However, the smaller one is only a 2 wire connector which I think means that it does not have the charge control circuitry that you find on most of them. [...]
The 3rd wire is usually a thermistor, as it is in the pack you linked to.
By PappaNiklas
Ive been running RC-cars for the last 15 years, and there are nothing "usual" in a threewire connector on a 1-cell-lipo
The usual is a two wire power connector and a "enough"-wire connector for chargebalancing

... I havnt ever heard of three wire connectors on a LiPo-pack so i can measure the temp of the pack ... if the pack is more than "handwarm" you are either charging or disscharging it to fast, an the chance of ballooning the pack with a following fire is immenent ...
By Sacman
Some new information for me in all of this.

Can someone clarify the charger question. I was under the impression that the a Li-Ion charger and a LiPo charger are one and the same. The only concern is if you go to a completely different type of battery like a NiCAD.

Thanks,

Wade
By sasaji123
I just noticed the three wires. Now would I need to buy a certain jst connector or just use the one the lipo charger comes with? Whats the best lipo charger here anyways? Thanks for the help guys.