SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By george graves
You know when you go buy an alarm clock, and there will be that sheet of soft plastic film on the screen? What's that called? I want to buy some

What is it called? Is it static - is that how it stays? Or is it applied with a liquid that evaporates? What liquid is used?

Thanks.

(I'm looking for the real thing, or something as cheap as the real thing - not cell phone/mp3 player protective film, and not kitchen cling wrap, not window tint, ect..)
By george graves
Well, it would be funny if any of those links were what I described. Then I would really have a good laugh at myself! :lol:

But that entire first page of results is nothing like what I described....so you didn't bring the funny. :roll:
But that is exactly what you are describing. The First Link, http://www.surfacearmor.com/ sells plastic film designed to protect surfaces of products. It is the same film you find on anything from laser jet printers to the basketball goal I put up last summer. There are multiple grades of it but it is all the same thing.

So if this is not what you are asking for then I'm not sure what you want.

So just to be clear, in the original context of your request, my link provided exactly the correct information therefore it is still funny.

:-)

Wade