SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By droptail
Is this sens symmetrical and does it matter which way it plugs into breakout board?
Or...
What is a reference in determining what the pins are on the sensor?
Only thing on it is the MQ-7 ID on the side. No other ID/reference marks.

Thanks
By busonerd
Since the pin spacing is nonuniform; and the pinout is symmetrical with regard to the axis made by the gaps; whats the issue?

--David Carne
By droptail
waltr wrote:Did you look at the wiring diagram SparkFun list on the product page?
Looks simple enough.
Would be if you knew what the pins were, which is what I'm asking.
Last edited by droptail on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By droptail
busonerd wrote:Since the pin spacing is nonuniform; and the pinout is symmetrical with regard to the axis made by the gaps; whats the issue?

--David Carne
There are (2) possibilities to wire the sensor depending on how the sensor is orientated, 180 degrees out.

On (1) side all (3) are 5V, on the other side (2) are ground and the remaining is the signal o/p. Which side is which? I would think it matters.

Which of (2) orientations is correct?
By busonerd
My understanding is that the A and B terminals are similar - just at opposite ends of the sensing element [with the sensing element being symmetrical; end-to-end]. But hey; I could be wrong.

--David Carne
By jremington
The data sheet says that either AC or DC can be used to power the device. It seems to be completely symmetrical and so it shouldn't matter which of the two orientations is chosen for wiring. Try it both ways!