SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
You again ? Bragging about your LCD hacks and not providing some schematics / init code , just some pictures , that's just great... really useful . And whats up with all those emotes and "hi hi hi " ?
Anyhoo , a while ago I wanted to do a project with a LCD in it , and settled my mind on a copy of a E51 lcd . Bought the darn thing and some connectors off ebay but never actually got into making something with it. I came to the conclusion that it is not worth it. The LCD clone was about 10$ with the connector 1$ . Adding the required level shifters , and the step-up converter for the backlight , you could easily get to 20$ , which is the price I paid for my second LCD off ebay , much larger , easy to solder (1 mm pitch ribbon , no connector required , directly solder on the pcb),no need for a step-up for backlight (leds are in parallel not in series) has a touchscreen and comes with datasheet and sample code. Compare that to the hassle soldering a 0.4 mm pitch connector and adding the support circuitry, my choice is simple.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]