SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By xflipperx03
Both of these runs were made after powering down the oopic and lcd for at least 60 seconds, and then applying power, the second if not both videos may have had the splashscreen clipped off tho by accident, not realizing it may have been important. The cmds I send for backlight were for v2 i believe, but i dont recall those right off hand, what should I try ? I also agree that data isn't being lost, rather the cursor is being repositioned. Just got in from work, but I will try your suggestions later today and post the results.

thanks

james
By sparky
Hey James,

You've got the very first version of the SerLCD. There are going to be many things different between V1 and V2. Unfortunately the hardware is different as well (so we can't just flash the new firmware onto it).

The cursor wrapping looks totally corrupt.

The only thing that I can think of, that may cause this, is if the RX pin was left floating, the PIC would intrepret that as incoming characters and start displaying jibberish. But this really isn't the case...

Even though this LCD is way out of warranty, I am willing to send you a replacement. Email me spark @ sparkfun.com

-Nathan