SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By fab1an
Hi,

I've been working with arduinos for some time and I came up with the idea for a circuit which would satisfy some of my needs. Since i'm fairly new into electronics I would like to ask for opinions.

I want to build a circuit where I can attach some akku (Li-polymer for example) and have the following options:
- load the akku via some input (could be only regulated input)
- power the arduino or some other circuit
- completely cut off the power to this circuit via an external interrupt, which could come from the circuit itself
- power up the circuit via interrupt
- power up the circuit via a programmable timer function (e.g. every minute), so the circuit has to be configured itself. maybe use an rtc-chip for that and a clock battery to save settings.

I guess my question is: Could this be done easily? The reason I want to combine the charging circuit and the timer-function is that especially for beginners it's not easy to put the arduino to "proper sleep" and even then it will still consumer power in the regulators etc. I know I can use only an avr-chip itself to save much more power, but I would like to have a more generic solution.

hoping for answers,
fabian
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]