SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By newbiketech
Does anyone have any experience hooking multiple sensors up to the Logomatic? Will each sensor create a seperate file or will the same log file just store multiple parameters. I plan on hooking up a cycle analyst (for ebikes), an accelerometer, and would love to have GPS as well.
By Woehrle
newbiketech,

Yes you can hook up multiple sensors up. I'm assuming they are out putting analog voltages? If so, switch the logomaticV2 to mode 2 and turn on the ports you want. As for the data the logomaticV2 will create separate columns for each device, or each port open.
I hope this helped you.

Woehrle
By PhatBob
I'd like to read sensors with a voltage of 5v, but the VREF (pin63) on the LPC is connected to VCC (regulated at 3.3v).
Meaning I'll either have to use a Potential divider to pull the voltages within limits, or see if its possible to modify the board (might be possible as the pin has a through hole connection which could be drilled out and used as a pad for a flying wire).
Also theres no on-board protection of the ADC lines, depending on where the signals are coming from, some protective circuitry will be required.
So in summary to make the board a "standalone" it will need:
  • 5V regulator for VRef and ULIPO.
  • Max232 for RS232 connection.
  • upto 8 channels of ADC protection.
It should be relatively straightforward to do this with a daughter board.