Size of Breakout Boards

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.

Moderators: phalanx, TS-Tim

victorf

Size of Breakout Boards

Post by victorf » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:33 am

It is a bit difficult to ascertain the size of a BOB or SEN board from the jpeg images presented. I download the large image and then measure/scale dimensions to get a rough idea of the amount of real estate the board will take up on my PCB. I would like to get a better idea of the actual size. Would it be possible for SFE to publish the actual board dimensions?

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

Vic
Victor Fraenckel
windswaytoo ATSIGN gmail DOT com
KC2GUI

leon_heller
Support Volunteer

Re: Size of Breakout Boards

Post by leon_heller » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:58 am

It is annoying. I once needed the exact dimensions and the position of the connector on one of their BO boards. I eventually got it out of them, but it wasn't easy.
Leon Heller
G1HSM

noptical

Post by noptical » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:05 am

They put dimensions on most of their components, it wouldn't be really difficult to do the same for breakouts.

sparky
Site Admin

Post by sparky » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:15 am

Sorry guys! We try to get real dimensions on every board but a few have fallen through the cracks. If you need something, spark at sparkfun . com is who to ask. The tech support guys get to almost everything, and we'd be happy to get dimensions up. Same goes for Eagle PCB files, please just ask.

I don't see links to actual products so please post here or email us and we'll try to get it corrected.

-Nathan
Pursue the cheese, win the excellence.