SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By nebel
Hello !

To begin you have to know i'm a young french, so excuse me if my english isn't so good :)

Well, i began a project some months ago at school with a pic-web. My aim is to control a barrier like this (but smaller :p) by internet :

I hope it's possible !

So here my questions about olimex pic-web card :

When you "toggle" Port PD6 does it switch from 0v to 5v or what? It can help me so much ! :D

Because i didn't find lots infos about this port... :(

Another question : i want to save some datas about the use of pic-web card, can i send datas on MySQL database by CGI script ?
Or is it easy to "install" PHP/MySQL language on the card ?

Thanks for all my readers & repliers ;)
Last edited by nebel on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By riden
I use a PIC-WEB Rev A board and PD6 (RD6) is brought out to pin 14 of the expansion socket. It is a PIC i/o pin so you can set it as an output and driver or sink up to 25ma (logic 1 = 5v approx). The TCP/IP stack loaded on the board can make outgoing connections to a remote server (i.e., post data to an external web server). PHP cannot be run on the board because of the limited program space and a PIC port of PHP.
By nebel
Thanks for your reply :)

riden wrote:I use a PIC-WEB Rev A board and PD6 (RD6) is brought out to pin 14 of the expansion socket. It is a PIC i/o pin so you can set it as an output and driver or sink up to 25ma (logic 1 = 5v approx).
Yeah good good ! But when i put PD6 on logic 1, i've 4.95 V and when i switch it on logic 0 i've still 4.95 V :'(
i suppose my measures are wrong, but i don't know how to put correctly voltmeter...

What the difference between 1 and 2 ? How can i count number of pin ? PD6 is on (1) right ?

riden wrote:The TCP/IP stack loaded on the board can make outgoing connections to a remote server (i.e., post data to an external web server). PHP cannot be run on the board because of the limited program space and a PIC port of PHP.
Well, ok, i've already a web server (ftp + mysql database), it's a good start :)