SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By ahdavidson
OK, I must be missing something really obvious...

I'm using the EL Escudo shield and it has JST 2-pin male sockets on the board and I made wires with the corresponding female connectors (using these).

And they work just fine, but I can not figure out how to remove the connector from the on-board sockets. These connectors appear to click in but I don't see the release mechanism. Once or twice I have succeeded, probably by brute force, but surely I am missing some obvious mechanical mechanism.

All enlightenment gleefully accepted.
By noptical
sometimes you need to lift the connector a little and then pull it
By bretth
Took me awhile to figure this out too - when looking at the top of the socket (assuming RA socket), you'll see 2 rectangular channels. There are small nubs on the plug that lock into these, so if you use a small flat head screwdriver you can compress these nubs enough to allow the plug to release. They're hard to see, but they are there, and they work surprising well (good for production environment I suppose).

During development I just cut these nubs off using an xacto blade, otherwise it's too painful to connect/disconnect the battery.
By ahdavidson
Ah, thank you!

What a terrible choice of connector for a prototyping environment; I agree that once you are ready to deploy something permanently, it might make sense.