SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By keithspg
I am having a problem with my text file that is generated. I expect the header and I can set Matlab/Octave to ignore that. What is more difficult to deal with are periodic data inserts of this nature:
Code: Select all
637 6300 380 2190
637 6300 380 2192
PPS: 20090930,132422.937397
$PKWNP,20090930,132422.937397*79
309 4819 2549
637 6309 4756 2526
637 6308 4521 2516
How is the PPS triggered? I would not mind having this in the header as it has the time in it, but having this show up periodically in the data set is a bit problematic. Also, that it drops off one of the logged channels is also a bit of a problem, but not a huge biggie.

If anyone that can point me as to what is needed to happen to make this show up in a data log with my initialization file, I'd appreciate it. As you can see, I am using text and logging battery voltage and 2 analog channels.
UART0 mode=None
UART0 baud=0
UART0 trigger=$
UART0 end=0x0A
UART0 size=64
UART0 timestamp=N
UART1 mode=None
UART1 baud=0
UART1 trigger=$
UART1 end=0x0A
UART1 size=64
UART1 timestamp=N
Start Time=20090922084500
Powersave=1
ADC mode=Text
ADC frequency=10
ADC binning=10
AD0=Y
AD1=Y
AD2=Y
AD3=N
AD4=N
AD5=N
AD6=N
AD7=N
AD8=N
KeithG
By lucita
hi
need help
I activate the RTC logomatic but without using GPS
can you help? :?
By randal
Kwan,
Looks great - I am about to load up with 6 analogue sensors & GPS. I plan to output the analogue data in NEMA format, so it is consistent with the GPS data.

Can the logomatic output to a LCD display with your firmware - I would like to be able to see speed & direction "live" as well as from the logger output.
It would be great if this is available from the TXO1 pin on the loggomatic - if so what format would the data come out in - I was planning on adding a picaxe chip to select reading & display averages etc as well as driving the LCD display.

Thanks
Randal
By Robert-Jan
Hi Kwan,

I hope you will answer this old treat.
I am using the logger as a timer / logger to control my motor in my model aero plane.
I use one of the outputs as PWM.
But I like your software much more. Somehow I am stuck with about 10 samples / second.
So want to rewrite my modified logger software to your software.

For debugging I was using the serial port.
The standard software had the “rprintf” command.
Is there also such a possibility in your software?

Tanks in advance.

Greetings Robert-Jan
By Robert-Jan
Can sombody please tell me how I can debug.
On the old software I could use the print command to sent data to the serial port.

Please help I am stuck.

Thanks in advance

Greetings Robert-Jan
By ferrarif40gt
Hi everyone.... Does anybody knows if I can use the 8 inputs of logomatic like a Digital inputs?? What do I have to change on LOGON.TXT to do this?? What exactly "time stamp" is?? What "ADC binning" is?? Can I get "date/time and GPS position" when a sensor is activated across of a digital imput??

Thanks and Regards.....
By Robert-Jan
Hi Ferrari,

You can read the digital signal as analog signal.
In excel you can decide when it is a 1 or an 0 just by comparing it.

When you read an analog signal there is noise. if you read the analog signal the value can be every ware in the noise band.
If you take more samples and calculate the average you will remove the noise.

Hope this will help you.

Greetings Robert-Jan
By Robert-Jan
ferrarif40gt wrote:Hi everyone, just a question:

what does meaning "ADC binning"?
!
When you read an analog signal there is noise. if you read the analog signal the value can be every ware in the noise band.
If you take more samples and calculate the average you will remove the noise.
By ferrarif40gt
I´m very interested on the Logomatic`s firmware (i know that this firmware was posted some years ago, but I have bought a Logomatic on Sparkfun and I just found this firmware on forums), in fact I have used this firmware (V 1.1) on my new Logomatic, but I want to know if is possible to connect a GSM modem on UART and read the information previously writen on micro SD card to transmit this info using the GSM modem. Does anybody knows if this is possible using Kwan's firmware V1.1? I understand that I can send AT commands across UART to GSM modem, but I have a little confusion if I can read SD card.

Regars!
By ferrarif40gt
Hi, does anybody knows, (if i´ts possible) Can I connect a Serial Bluetooth to manage it trough AT commands on Serial Logomatic port? Thanks.....
By keithspg
I am hoping that Kwan will read this post and provide some guidance...

I have fixed one of the problems I was having with the ADC in the code, so that works as expected. I pointed out the omission of a semicolon on the google code page. http://code.google.com/p/logomatic-kwan/

I want a persistent clock and have cut the trace on the board, placed a schottky diode pack on the vbat pin and used a coin cell to keep the RTC. So far so good as it all appears to work, electrically. When the unit is powered down, I get 2.8V on the vbat pin from the 2032 coin cell. Now I want to set the clock and leave it set. From a read of the code, it 'appears' to me that as long as the time is not 0 it should stay at whatever is set in the logcon.txt file. I have set it to the current time then edited the logcon file to have nothing in the time field and also all zeros and do not know what to do to not have it reset the clock. Can anyone help?

in setup.c, this is what I was reading that led me to believe that the clock should stay set if it is set once:
static void setupClock(void) {
  //Turn off the clock
  CCR=0;
  //Set the PCLK prescaler and set the clock to use it, so as to run in sync with everything else.
  PREINT=PCLK/32768-1;
  PREFRAC=PCLK-((PREINT+1)*32768);

//If the clock year is reasonable, it must have been set by 
  //some process before, so we'll leave it running.
  //If it is year 0, then it is runtime from last reset, 
  //so we should reset it.
  //If it is unreasonable, this is the first time around,
  //and we set it to zero to count runtime from reset
  if(YEAR<2000 || YEAR>2100) {
    CCR|=(1<<1);
    setClock(0,0,0,0,0,0);
    //Pull the subsecond counter out of reset
    CCR&=~(1<<1);
  }
  //Turn the clock on
  CCR|=(1<<0);
}
I have been able to set the clock from logcon.txt so that it timestamps the serial data, but I have not been able to get it to 'keep' the previous time through a power down.

Regards,

Keith
By jimspark
Old thread I know but I am playing with some old hardware and have found one trap for the unwary.

Make sure that the FONT used in the LOGCON.txt file is courier. If not then the file will be ignored.

Yes I know courier "should be" the default but windows 10 (for example) will create a so called text files with any font you want . . . . maybe they are in fact RTF files . . but in any case . . .

Symptom that this is your problem:
1. Duplicate LOGCON.txt files after the system boots
2. So config change you make work
By jimspark
A quick update - one more gotcha.

The text file format also must be UTF-8
ANSI and UNICODE will not work.
In windows 10 use file "save as" to get these options.