SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By kitscuzz
So, I'm looking for SNES controller ports for a project, but I can't seem to find where to get them, or the schematics needed to integrate them into a PCB design. Does anyone know where I could get them, or perhaps could provide a hint?

Thanks in advanced for the help!
By kitscuzz
Sorry to bump my own post up, but I'm still searching, and I'm hoping that someone has an answer. Has anyone seen these things? Where does the Uzebox get them from? I know they come in that kit of parts, but there has to be a supplier somewhere! Has anyone found them? Or just know off the top of their heads?

I guess the better question is: who's supplying all those Nes/SNES knockoffs?

Please help!
By signal7
They might be custom manufactured. If you watch the parts procurement class, towards the end they talk about custom parts procurement. Apparently it's very common. For example, it's very difficult to buy a 3 inch usb extension, but there are products that ship with them. If the quantity needed is large enough, not every part needs to be off-the-shelf.

You could contact Uzebox and ask them if they'll sell you them separately.
By TheDirty
Looking for specialty connectors myself, some items are just not available unless you talk to the supplier directly and order high quantity.

Checking the Uzebox forums, they suggest going to E-Bay and harvesting the connectors from extension cables that you can buy.
By NES Gamer
kitscuzz wrote:So, I'm looking for SNES controller ports for a project, but I can't seem to find where to get them, or the schematics needed to integrate them into a PCB design. Does anyone know where I could get them, or perhaps could provide a hint?

Thanks in advanced for the help!

Well, you can get the ports here:

http://nesrepairshop.com/online_shoppin ... ductID=482

Or pretty much any SNES, NES, N64 or Gamecube part. Too bad they don't have Wii parts.

As far as the scyhematics, I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but it should get you on the right track.

http://mozy.org/snespad/