SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By DiamondDave
Hi there

I have a BLE mate 2 connected to a Pro Micro. I'm trying to get a Polar m600 watch to pair with it so I can connect and get heart rate from the watch over blutooth. The watch can see the BLE mate 2 but when I try to pair it it just comes back within a second or so and says its still available but not paired. During this the red LED stops flashing momentarily, so something is happening.

Out of interest I tried to also pair it with my galaxy note 8 phone and it comes back saying the device rejected it. I managed to pair it with my laptop, an MS surface book, so it does work.

Just not sure why it works for one thing and not the others.

Can anyone shed any light on what could be happening?

Thanks
Dave
By BLH
The sales page says Bluetooth 4.0 and will not connect with older devices. It also does not support the older Bluetooth Serial Port Protocol.
Maybe that has something to do with it.
By DiamondDave
Thanks BLH. I'm not really up on the whole blutooth thing yet. Seems BLE is a bit of a minefield. Also don't understand what Serial Port protocol is. I googled it but I think I must need a bridging course as I'm just out of my depth!
Anyway, thanks again. I think I'll try an older blutooth 2 shelld and see if that works any better.