SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By whbjr24
For the last year I have been using the SerLCD 2.5 white on black connected to an Arduino uno. Been working just great! Today, I unplugged the Arduino/SerLCD project. When I reconnected to power, the Arduino and my code seems to work as expected (based on the attached LED and valve). However, the SerLCD turns on with all character dots illuminated for a brief moment and then turns black. Not even the splash screen appears. Verified that +5 and ground are connected with both a scope and DVM. Verified serial data at the LCD via oscilloscope. Is it possible that the setup in the LCD eeprom or the its firmware has become corrupted? If so, what is the best way to recover?
Also, the documentation mentions sending control characters such as <control>m to the serLCD. How to you send a control m from the Arduino?

Thanks in advance.
By whbjr24
DanV,
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
I tried doing that but I still am not getting anything out of the display except when initially powered up; the upper row characters light up briefly (all the dots in each character). After that, reloading code or enabling the serial monitor in the IDE has no effect on the display. I am wondering if somehow the firmware of the LCD got corrupted. That thought makes me sad..... If it is the firmware, I guess I just have to replace the entire display. I do not know how to reprogram the firmware or what is needed to do that.