SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By nick-o
Intro
The TLA700 series is a series of logic analysers made by Tektronix. The first models date from about 12 years ago. The nice thing about these logic analysers is that they use modules. This means you can upgrade your logic analyser for more channels, deeper acquisition memory etc. There are quite a lot for sale on Ebay for reasonable prices. I've started this topic because there a quite a few people busy with extending and fixing bugs in TLA700 software. Tektronix has their own forum but that does not support attaching files. I hope other people will chime in and add their work or at least give usefull comments.

Writing your own support packages
A support package consists of a TLA file and a DLL. Both are placed in a sub directory under the 'supports' directory in the path where the software is installed. On my system the I2C support package dll and tla file are in: C:\Program Files\TLA 700\Supports\I2C

The tla file is a text file so you can edit as necessary to create your own support packages. To invoke a support package you must use the disassembler view. There is also a thread on the Tektronix forum on the subject:
http://www1.tek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1554
I have created two support packages myself. One for decoding I2C and one for decoding SPI. I think they can also serve as examples for writing other support packages. I've compiled them using Eclipse and Mingw (GCC).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.