SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By bobb
Hi
We have several SFE 6DOFV3 modules and Blue Dongles. Only one pair of them works.
All the Dongles that we've talked to using AT commands do not make wireless connections to any of our SFE 6DOFv3s ... what have we done wrong and how do we fix it?
regards
Bob
By riden
I don't know if this will help, but it may be that the default communications rate is different in the modules. I know that the early BlueSMiRFs had the default rate set to 9600 baud and the new ones are set at 115000 (or vice-versa).
By bobb
Hi Ralph
I tried both communication rates -9600 and 115200 baud (from the computer to the Blue Dongle). It is not clear to me that how I would change anything else.
I should have said that each SFE module/Blue Dongle pair worked originally. They all start up and make their lights flash when we turn them on.

WhenI reset the Blue Dongle, I get 'NO ANSWER' on the terminal connection. If I type 'AT<CR>' on the computer terminal, I get an 'OK' response.

regards
Bob
By riden
I have a BlueSMiRF and a USB Bluetooth modem instead of the Blue Dongle, so my setup is different than yours -- read that to say that I may not be of much help. :)

My setup uses TerraTerm on my PC to talk to my USB Blutooth modem. On the other end, I have a BlueSMiRF whose serial lines are connected to my board. This sounds similar to your situation. The data rate from TerraTerm to the Bluetooth radio is not relevant. The baud rate I was referring to is the baud rate from the BlueSMiRF/Dongle to the device connected to its serial port. You set that using one of the BlueRadio's AT command (email SparkFun for it, if you don't already have it).

I am confused by the dongle powering up in command mode. I thought you only got there with the "+++" sequence. You can try typing "ATMD" (or "ATDM", it's late and I'm not sure) which will take the unit out of command mode and back to data mode.

That's about all the advice that I can give considering I don't have your exact setup. Perhaps others may be able to help further.