SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By Hotte
Hi all,
i´m serching for an alternative transceiver instead of the nrf24l01 for my diploma thesis. Did anyone know other transceiver who are comparable with this transceiver of nordic?
basic features:
-2,4GHz
-~2Mbit

Thanks all
By leon_heller
The TI/Chipcon CC2500. It's got some nice features that make it better than the Nordic device in some ways. Support is much better, as well. It won't do 2 Mbit/s, though. It's very difficult to get that speed out of the nRF24L01, IIRC.

Leon
By Hotte
I´ve nearly finished my diploma thesis with the praktical part. Now i´m only writing all together. I´ve used the nRF24l01 but only for comparision i need some similar transceiver.

First i try to use the tutorial from brennen, but it was to complex for me and i wrote my own code (surely not so comfortable) cause i used another controller (AT91SAM7).
I´ve got a net data rate of 600kbps with the nordic module (ShockBurst +2CRC without AA) and about 480Kbps with AA. This works for me round about 10m with nearly no error.
I was happy to see a better performance than i´ve read bevor about this module;)