SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By wacko
Hi there,
I'm a noob and I need help:

I've got an Arduino-Mini-Board with a RN-41 Bluetooth module from Roving Networks. I can connect to it and transmit data over several serial terminal progs. But I can't get a connection to the virtual COM port with a proxy server (I'm trying to access it with Flash). I tried the one from the Arduino website and wrote one by myself. Both work well with a connection over USB(-cable). But trying to access the Bluetooth connection it always tells me that the port can't be found.

Has anybody an idea how to make it work?

Thanx
By stevech
wacko wrote:Hi there,
I'm a noob and I need help:

I've got an Arduino-Mini-Board with a RN-41 Bluetooth module from Roving Networks. I can connect to it and transmit data over several serial terminal progs. But I can't get a connection to the virtual COM port with a proxy server (I'm trying to access it with Flash). I tried the one from the Arduino website and wrote one by myself. Both work well with a connection over USB(-cable). But trying to access the Bluetooth connection it always tells me that the port can't be found.

Has anybody an idea how to make it work?

Thanx
would it simply be that the proxy server isn't configured to handle the special port numbers?
By wacko
stevech wrote:would it simply be that the proxy server isn't configured to handle the special port numbers?
I don't think so...
I can specify the port. After connecting the RN-41 I set the port to the one that appears as serial Bluetooth connection. (tried COM5, COM12, COM18 doesn't seem to matter)