SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By jtalledo
Hi guys

I posted 2 weeks ago about how to program a specific address on the smirf v2.0 but nobody reply.Please I need to know how to program and what is the secuence. Is possible Nathan that you give the C code to change things like address, channel, etc?

Another problem is the transmission time. what is the maximium time to send 1 byte usign the smirf?? I'm developping a datalogger using this transceivers but I have to put delays of 5 ms to not loose the link.

Thanks
By Pete-O
Hi, I'm Pete. I'm new around Spark Fun.

Regarding the first part of your question, I've been able to run the commands through Hyperterminal just fine, straight out of the datasheet. I suspect that the problem lies in the timing of your code. Or maybe double check the connections...

If I understand your other question correctly, there's no way to know for sure what the max transit time as it may be necessary to transmit any given packet a number of times depending on traffic on the channel. It might be best to develop your code to accomodate this so as to make sure you don't lose data.

Hope that helps,
Pete