SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By TalonAg06
I am having a problem closing a FTP connection. I think I've read through all the posts about FTP problems, but haven't found my answer. I am able to get on the GPRS network and connect to my FTP server just fine. I can also successfully put the file on the server and send the escape sequence "+++". Previously I was having an error with this showing up in my file, but I increased the wait time before and after the escape sequence send to 10 seconds and this fixed that problem.

The +++ no longer shows up in my file, but I still don't get a response from the 862 after this. I have set my program to wait for 2 minutes, but still no response. It seems that after the +++ is sent the module goes off into la-la land. I have set at&d2 and done a transition from high to low twice, but no response. I tried sending at#ftpclose over and over again with 10 second pauses between them, but no response.

The only way I have found to get my module to respond again is to toggle on/off. Then I have to run my setup sequence again to establish another connection. Does anybody have any recommendations to fix this? Thank you so much for your help!
By TalonAg06
I believe I have bigger issues now. With no hardware or software changes my device went from locking up at the +++ command to not registering on the network at all. When I check the connection this is what I get:

AT#BND=1
OK

AT+CREG?
+CREG: 0,1 <- should be connected.

AT#MONI
#MONI: T-Mobile BSIC: 17 RxQual:0 LAC:4C95 Id:EF09 ARFCN:523 PWR: -105dbm TA:0

atd=1234567890 <-not a real number but I put my number here
NO CARRIER

AT+CMGF=1
OK

AT+CMGS=1234567890 <- again, representative of my number
> TEST <CTRL+Z>

+CMS ERROR: 331

Could my module have slowly been dieing? I tried a firmware downgrade, then upgrade which was said to work for another person with similar problems. However, when I try this the upgrade program gets stuck on "Linking". Thanks for your help!