SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By steve joblin
I can't thank the folks at Sparkfun for constantly looking to add new and cool products! I check back every day to see what new gadget they have added!

The problem is with all the bluetooth choices, I am more confused than ever on the differences between all the offerings... can someone provide a quick "buying guide" to help newbies (like myself :) ) figure out the best unit to suit their needs.

Thanks much!
By wiml
I too would love to have some sort of comparison matrix, or a list of which modules are pretty much obsoleted by other modules.
By busonerd
The only modules that we are obsoleting are the old Mitsumi/blueradios modules. We're obsoleting these due to a supplier issue.

We are planning to continue stocking the roving network products [which are full featured devices] and our own bluetooth module [which is a less complex, cheaper device].

Our bluetooth device is designed to fit into the same footprint as the original blueradios module, if you just use the serial interface. The Roving Networks modules may or may not be the same footprint, check the appropriate datasheet if you're looking for a pin-compatible replacement

Cheers,

--David Carne