SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By ted616
Hi, anyone designed a NRF24L01 module by yourself? I designed A nrf24l01 which is not working. I bought components from digikey with specified tolarance in the NRF24L01 detasheet . Anyone can recommend a set of components with part numbers which are working for sure? so I can check if the problem is my design or wrong components got from digikey?

Thank you.
By lucicop
I have done a PCB based on the reference design from Nordic. I used the gerbers they supplied and I ordered the components from Digi-Key, with the specified tolerances. The modules work. So if your components follow the tolerances, you should check your design. It is very sensitive at these frequencies, and this counts more than the tolerances of the components. I will check if I have a component list handy to send you.
By RonnyM
I have built a number of modules using the ref design with both 0402 parts and 0603 parts. They all worked. Lost of ground plane and vias are a must. All problems I had came from the fact that the part was not fully soldered to the board. I went back through touched it up till it worked. Some of my designs moved parts around to fit a specific space and they still worked quite well. at 2.4, the discrete components much pretty much be touching or as close as humanly possible. Every mm of space will degrade performance.
Ron
By semicolonthree
I am currently working on a nRF24L01 board as well and I was wondering what voltage regulator I should use. From the picture of the MiRF Transceiver Modules, it looks like a TC1186.
By RonnyM
I've been using the Micrel 5205? 3.3vdc low noise regulator to good effect. You can get lower voltage to run from a noisy 3.3 volt supply too. Available at digikey.