SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By urielp
Hello,
i've bought two samples of bluetooth DIP module WRL-08461. As far as i've read, the only difference with the previous module is that this one has an active low output for the Status pin. The problem is that, whether i connect or not, the status of this pin is always "low". The only change that i can see is on the pin number 5 on JP1 (wich should be PCM_CLK. two pins away from the RESET one, according to the sheet on http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wire ... ematic.pdf ), that ranges from 1.8V when not connected, to zero when there is a connection. The status pin of the previous module was number 5 on JP2 (close to the CTS one) and remain always zero. Any suggestion?
Uriel
By parlar
Were you ever able to resolve this issue? We also just bought some samples of the WRL-08461, and we're seeing *exactly* the same behaviour as you described.

We're also not happy because the webpage for the WRL-08461 says that it has the same pinout of the phased out WRL-00148 (which we're currently using), but the status pin between the two is different!
By urielp
Hi,
sparkfun technical support answered me quite fastly and told where was the difference. As far as i remember, the status pin is the same; the only difference is that it should sink current when the connection in estabilished. You may use an LED to check it

Actually, i've moved to a different silicon with the same pinout and behaviour , because it would have forced me to change the PCB layout.