SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By kj
Hello all.

First of all, I know this problem may seem to be considered very newbie-ish to you guys, but I really have ran out of ideas so I'll just post my problem here on the tech forums anyway.

I am unable to enter any AT commands into my Bluetooth DIP module, even though I have done everything that is stated on the tutorial page on the Sparkfun website. I am suspecting that the reason why this is happening is due to the onboard Bluetooth dongle on my laptop. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Bluetooth USB dongle on my computer, but to no avail.

Although the problem lies within the laptop Bluetooth dongle, I cannot rule out the possibility that the voltage supply circuit of powering up the Bluetooth DIP module might be faulty also, because the two LEDs (which are connected to PIO2 and PIO5) are not lit up whenever I try to operate it. I am also posting the circuit diagram of the Bluetooth module for you guys to see if there's anything wrong with it.

The LM7805 is a 9 - 5V voltage regulator, and the LM3940 steps down the 5V voltage to 3.3V. 0.1uF capacitors act as decoupling caps.

I guess my key question to you guys is, "Am I doing it correctly?"

Once again, I apologize if my question seems so downright newbie-ish that it's embarrassing, and I thank you for any response or help that I can get.

Thank you.
KJ
By kj
Hello,

I am now able to enter limited AT commands into the DIP module. However, when I tried to set the DIP module as a Master connect in serial cable mode by entering:

ATMD,{laptop mac address},1101

it gives me "ERROR" instead of "CONNECT {laptop mac address}".

Does anybody know the reason why it's behaving like so?

Thank you. :)